We have all seen Eye of the Tiber‘s satirical headlines and thought they were real until reading and thankfully discovering they were not. Well, here are six headlines I thought for sure were going to be Eye of the Tiber… but weren’t!
1. Vatican projects Animals onto St. Peter’s Basilica
This really happened! Check it out. Eye of the Tiber actually did a spin off of it the very next day. I don’t know what was funnier: discovering it was not EOTT, or discovering EOTT’s hilarious spin off.
2. Priest Suspended for Using Hoverboard During Mass
Jesus walked miles daily in sandals, come on. Original article.
3. Congressman steals Pope’s Water
Was he thirsty for some blessings? Did he think it was holy water? Original article.
4. Pope Changes in Burger King
There’s a new King in BK. lol. Dad jokes. Original article.
5. Catholic Church Opens Bar
Protestants and their lobby coffee bars.. so cute. Original article.
6. Custodian Fired for Destroying Budda and Mary Poppins displayed in Cathedral
“Father, this is b******t! We can’t have this in the church. This isn’t culture, it’s Disney crap!” Click Here to read this story further and Here to see more of this year’s display. Be sure not to miss how the Blessed Mother is behind one of the displays… not cool.