There is one pilgrimage I would never plan to visit: the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City, Mexico. I just don’t see what the big deal is with Our Lady of Guadalupe anyways.
1. First off, it’s in a rural area
Which means there is nothing to do, at all.
2. You can’t even see it from a satellite
3. It’s pretty small
4. LOL, and they kept the old Basilica!
Who likes old stuff?
5. The new one is nothing to look at either
6. And they don’t even celebrate Christmas!
7. Social events don’t even exist
8. And if they do, no one goes to them
9. I mean, NOBODY
10. They won’t even let you see the tilma
11. The wall it’s on is UGLY too
13. And they wouldn’t even think about letting you touch it
14. Ok, maybe just the Pope can touch it
15. And only that lady, but no one else can…oh whatever
16. There’s some exclusive club you have to be part of…
17. The place where Mary actually visited Juan Diego is gone, nothing to see
18. No one is crazy enough to be so inspired by Mary get a tattoo of her (except for boys)
19. No girls would ever get a tattoo of her
20. I would never go visit Our Lady of Guadalupe! It would be so B-O-R-I-N-G!!!
We celebrate her feast day on December 12th, and you can go here to read more about the history (boring!), but just by looking at the pictures, I don’t know what the big deal is.