Talking with some women I grew up with, conversation drifted towards how our husbands all “couldn’t live without” an un-necessarily large tv. While these tv’s have saved us all theater money in the long haul, we all realize that if left to us, we mostly just haul a laptop/tablet or phone from room to room to met our screen needs. This lead to talking about qualities that all of our husbands seem to hold in their heads as “manly”. So here is a list we came up with of funny and serious things that we have observed our husbands deem “man-card” worthy.
1. Own a huge tv.
2. Grow a beard- the more mountain man-ish the more points.
3. Skills at a grill.
4. Can prepare at least one well-balanced meal to impress.
5. Able to diagnose and fix your own vehicle (and the wisdom to know when to take it to the
6. Own a quality timepiece you can pass on to future generations.
7. Own quality tools.
8. Respect and knowledge of weapons.
9. Personal Bible is falling apart and filled with notes that your kids and grandkids will find and learn from someday.
10. Own a “dream” vehicle that actually gets used for its intended purpose — often.
11. Survival skills to make it and lead if needed through an apocalypse, zombie attack, or weather related crisis.
12. The character to help a stranger in need and wisdom to know when to mind one’s own business.
13. Ability to do wash laundry, clean just about anything, and do yard-work. Landscaping is a plus.
14. No fear of dirt or sweat.
15. Jeans are worn out from hitting your knees to get down on a child’s eye level, fixing stuff, and telling God about your day.
16. Good hygiene habits.
17. Can drive a stick.
18. Appreciate a good and capable woman and can pull off the balance of treating her with the respect a lady deserves while empowering her to reach her full potential.
19. Faithful physically, mentally, emotionally, and visually.
20. A solid handshake.
21. Checks in regularly with a mentor or two.
22. Has a solid resume and the reputation to not always need it.
23. Diapers don’t scare you.
24. Can play catch — Owns a well worn football and baseball glove.
25. Your word is a bond even an enemy could trust.
26. Values work done at the office and at home.
27. Attends confession regularly.
28. Have a code for life and stick to it.
29. Knowledge of quality liquor is and how it is best served.
30. Has had a shave from a real barber.
31. Know when to speak and when to shut up. (Pr 17:18 & 1 Pet 3:15)
32. Bacon and beer hold their own food group.
33. Man-cave filled with man-things.