Here at EpicPew, you’ll find the best movie, book, and media reviews to help grow and cultivate a deep and lasting faith that is truly Catholic. To encourage you on your journey, we give away books and media from our very generous sponsors and donors. Everyone is free to enter, but all are encouraged to explore the various items that are highlighted.
Last month we gave away Verbum Basic. This time we’re giving away 4 FREE copies of the Catholic Family Handbook from Sophia Institute Press. Below you’ll read why we highly recommend this book to all families.
by Sophia Institute Press
Here is a crucial book for you if you want to shield your family from the effects of our selfish secular culture, which destroys families and poisons relationships.
Fr. Lawrence Lovasik, the renowned author of The Hidden Power of Kindness, gives faithful Catholics all the essential ingredients of a stable and loving Catholic marriage and family — ingredients that are in danger of being lost in our turbulent age.
Using Scripture and Church teachings in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format, Fr. Lovasik helps you understand the proper role of the Catholic father and mother and the blessings of family. He shows you how you can secure happiness in marriage, develop the virtues necessary for a successful marriage, raise children in a truly Catholic way, and much more.
Let Fr. Lovasik strengthen your marriage and family as you discover:
- Three things you can learn from the Holy Family about living as a family today
- The secret of gaining God’s blessing and peace upon your family: do you know it?
- Four crucial lessons no school can teach to your children (only you can!)
- Why marital happiness is not automatic, but must be earned (and how to earn it)
- Common mistakes fathers make that can damage their families irrevocably
- The primary requirement for family happiness: does your family measure up?
- The secret of overcoming the anger that can disrupt any relationship
- Eleven simple steps you can take to bring harmony to your marriage right now
- Are you selfish? Sixteen searching questions to ask yourself in order to find out
- Four qualities that every good parent has: can you name them? Do you have them?
- Sex education: how to navigate this minefield in a way that is good for your kids
- Plus much more that will help you imbue your family with Catholic values!
“A timely resource of timeless truths to strengthen marriages and families. Fr. Lovasik recognizes the challenges we face and offers excellent practical wisdom to help us meet those challenges. Highly recommended.”
Author of Catholic Education: Homeward Bound