Here at EpicPew, you’ll find the best movie, book, and media reviews to help grow and cultivate a deep and lasting faith that is truly Catholic. To encourage you on your journey, we give away books and media from our very generous sponsors and donors. Everyone is free to enter, but all are encouraged to explore the various items that are highlighted.
This time we’re giving away 1 FREE copy of the Verbum Basic software package. Below you’ll read why Verbum is the world’s most powerful learning tool for scholars of Sacred Scripture and the Magisterium. You’ll also see why I personally recommend Verbum to all my friends.
by Logos Bible Software / Faithlife
Stats and Capabilities
– Total Resources – 205
– External Catechism References – 87.20%
– Links to Bible Passages – 1,107,170
– Live Citations – 1,168,575
– Pages of Content – 50,548
– Searching helps instantly focus, meditate, and find anything to understand Scripture
– Efficiency to view, bookmark, listen, anywhere – it all goes with you
– Study the Tradition with the Lectionary, Catechism, and the Church Fathers
– Bible Study & Exegetical Tools with comprehensive tools for learning and exploring
– Community Tools allows you to study, short, and share in real time
– Greek & Hebrew catalog and database
Enter to win Here
Why Do I Use Verbum?
by Shaun McAfee
Since converting to the Catholic Church I’ve had a hunger for knowledge and evangelization. This led me to start another Masters program; I wanted a MA in Dogmatic Theology.
Soon after enrolling and getting started, I realized there was an ocean of material to learn. Not just this, but I didn’t know of any way to organize it all in order to make the most of my time and energy. Studying multiple subjects at once, and taking vastly different courses semester-to-semester, I needed to be flexible. Synoptic Gospels while studying the Summa, then to the Documents of Vatican II and the Church Fathers, onto the apocrypha and the rest – my studies covered a high volume of material which meant my organization needed to be on par with my rate of learning.
Then I heard about Verbum. I was impressed. The videos on the website made the software look simple, but highly effective. When I was fully convinced, I gave it a shot on a 30-day guarantee. I can’t tell you how stunned I was when I first opened and explored Verbum. Navigation was a breeze. The library was huge and everything read very well. My library was on my phone, tablet, and computer. I was able to customize my home-page with daily updates on content that was relevant to me. Citations and creating references in Verbum saved a ton of time. I’m still learning more and more.