What if there were an episode of “Undercover Boss” in which the boss (i.e., Jesus) went undercover as a mall Santa in training? Here is what
Jesus “Josh from Nazareth, PA” might ask of his colleagues in retail during his training as mall Santa.
1. “So, what do you guys do for Advent around here?”
2. “So, do you guys actually celebrate Jesus for any of the holidays?”
3. “In case anybody asks, where do we keep the Nativity sets?”
4. “So, how much does our store give to charity?”
5. “Do we close on Sundays to make it easier for everyone to make it to mass?”
6. “When do we get trained in how the original Santa, Saint Nicholas of Myra, showed Christian faith, hope, and love?”
7. “Do kids still ask for world peace these days?”
8. “Instead of just being ‘nice,’ do we get to tell the kids the wonders of how holy and righteous God knows they are capable of being?”
“When Jesus saw this, he became indignant, and said to them, ‘Let the children come to me; do not prevent them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.’ Amen, I say to you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it. Then he embraced them and blessed them, placing his hands on them.” (Mark 10:14-16)
And now, for “Josh” to reveal his true identity to his fellow mall Santas… enjoy these “kneeling Santa” images as reminders of Santa’s true role. Merry Christmas!