So you’re thinking of visiting the Vatican? Not so fast, my friend:
1. It’s crazy hard to find
2. And crazy hard to get to
3. It’s not like you can just walk right up to it
4. Let alone drive
5. The architecture is worthless
6. And thoroughly unimpressive
7. Seriously, who designed this anyway?
8. And really, if you’ve seen one statue you’ve seen them all
9. #onehitwonder, hahaha…am I right?
10. The artwork…blech
12. Christians especially would do well to stay away
13. Christmastime is nothing special
14. Neither is Easter
15. There’s just nothing for them there
16. The inside of the Basilica is soooo small
17. They should at least use it for something important
18. Something that will change lives or something
19. No one famous is buried here*
20. No one
21. Not a single important person
22. What does this place even commemorate, does anyone even remember?
23. Sure, you can climb the dome, but is it really worth the effort?
24. Don’t get me started on the lack of museums
25. Everyone is miserable
26. There’s no cultural diversity at all
27. It’s totally unsafe
28. There’s no green space whatsoever
29. No one interesting to see
30. It’s a ghost town
31. It’s even worse at night
32. It’s not near anything else worth visiting
33. A cultural and historical void.
34. Whatever you do, do NOT visit the Vatican
* This tomb now reads “Sanctus”.