Mother Teresa of Calcutta’s love of life and passion for Christ in the faces of the poor was a contagious love. Her activism led to collaboration with many world leaders. Yet her fame did not keep her from spending time with those who were impoverished.
Here are thirteen times that Mother Teresa hit epic levels of friendship. #SquadGoals.
1. When Mother Teresa met Ronald and Nancy Reagan in 1985
2. When these two saints spent some quality time together
3. When Mother Teresa met Princess Diana
They spent forty minutes together discussing the effects of poverty, Diana’s children and their faith.
4. When Dalai Lama met Mother Teresa
…and then when he later visited her grave after she passed away
5. When she had a heart to heart with this little
…who had no idea he was being held by a future saint.
6. When Queen Elizabeth II and Mother Teresa met in 1983
7. A holy duo – Dorothy Day and Mother Teresa in 1970
Mother Teresa invited Dorothy Day to speak with her novices.
8. When Mother Teresa toured the Boys Town campus with Monsignor Robert Hupp
9. When she took the time to meet and chat with these children in Belfast
10. When she saw Christ in the face of these little kids
And they experienced true joy together.
11. When she spent time with her sisters in Christ
12. When she took time during the day to have a conversation with Our Lady
13. When she not only saw Christ in the faces of these women, but also offered them Christ’s very body through Holy Communion