More than likely, you’re aching for human connection right now. We can’t go see our friends when we want to, or get together with our family. With public Masses canceled, we’re missing our church communities and small groups.
You’re probably in your home, seeing the same four walls and same faces day in, day out. Or maybe you live alone and the only way you can connect with others is a passing “hello” to neighbors and a phone call with your loved ones.
But you’re not only hungry for human connection, you’re hungry for conversations about things that matter. Maybe you’d love to talk about anything but Coronavirus, but that’s where conversations tend when you chat with friends and family.
Here are a Catholic conversation starters few to get you off and running!
- What’s something that has brought you joy this week?
- Do you have a special personal devotion, like praying the Rosary or the Divine Mercy chaplet?
- What’s your favorite Catholic podcast or YouTube channel?
- How do you prepare yourself for Sunday Mass?
- Do you have a favorite type of church architecture?
- How did you grow in relationship with God during Lent?
- What’s your favorite spiritual life hack?
- What book has influenced your spiritual life the most?
- If you could go anywhere on pilgrimage, where would you go?
- Do you have a favorite saint quote or Scripture passage?
- Who was your confirmation saint and why did you pick him or her?
- If you could only read one book of the Bible for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your opinion on cry rooms in churches?
- Have you ever prayed a novena? How did it impact your prayer life?
- What’s something you’ve been struggling with lately?
- Do you have a favorite religious order?
- If you had to pick between C.S. Lewis or J.R.R. Tolkien, who would you pick and why?
- Have you ever endured a dark night of the soul like Saint John of the Cross talks about?
- If you could be the patron saint of anything, what would it be?
- How can I pray for you?